Direct download HERE
Direct download HERE
A lil’ history of mi olde mixes:
I almost forgot about this one. Homeboy says he stumbled upon an mp3 version of it on some Russian message board. This milestone of German turntablism was released on cassette tape in 2003, limited to 1000 copies. Gotta love those Russians. This is what they say: “This mixtape of the Lordz Of Fitness crew member contains a fresh selection of the finest and rare underground hip hop, stacked up with some evergreens, lots of exclusive skits and skratch action laced by the 5 times ITF-world & DMC world champion himself.” На здоровье!
“I think um, Germany, like, those guys over there, they’re taking over right now” -DJ Q-Bert
Above quote from the Grandmaster is more than half a decade old, from the retro times when me & my crew used to be involved in dj battles to murk fools. Homeslice RAFIK used to be at the forefront of all the murkage and he even took it a level further after most of us retired from the competition circuit. I’m happy to tell y’all that I enjoy the noble privilege to be the first one to post his latest mix:
02. Drop the Lime – Set me free (Zombie Disco Squad Rmx) (edit)
03. Renaissance Man – The Rythm (edit)
04. Solo – Afreaka (edit)
05. Solo – Joga Bola (Riva Starr Rmx) (edit)
06. Lil Silva – Different
07. Tony Senghore – If you came here (edit) /w Hijack – Dirty Soul /w Elefant – Lolita
08. Major Lazer – Hold The Line (Djedjotronic Rmx) (edit)
09. Joakim – Watermelon Bubblicious (edit) /w Retro Grade – Moda /w Ccenturiess – YIMH Rmx)
10. Daniel Haaksman feat. MC Miltinho – Kid Conga (Rob3 Rmx) (edit)
11. Yeah Yeah Yeah’s – Heads Will Roll (A-Trak Rmx) (short edit) /w Jamtech Foundation – Hot Fucker
12. MSTRKRFT – Heartbreaker (Laidback Luke Rmx) (drums edit)
13. Bag Raiders – Turbo Love (Jan Driver Rmx) /w DJ Funk acapella
14. Human League – Don’t you want me (short ‘just coz it fits in’ edit)
15. Laidback Luke & Diplo – Hey (Sidney Samson Rmx) (edit)
16. Drop the Lime – Devil’s Eyes (Diplo’s B-Live Mix) (edit)
17. Rafik – Rebuke Dem
18. Afrojack – Drop Down (Sidney Samson Rmx)
19. Afrojack – Drop Down (original)
20. Malente & Dex – Lions (Douster Rmx) (edit)
21. Tom Stephan – Turn That Shit Up (Diplo Rmx) (edit)
22. Tiga – What You Need (Zombie Nation Rmx) (edit)
23. Duran Duran – Wild Boys (Rafik’s Live Button Pushing Edit) /w David Guetta Toy-Drums
24. Felix Da Housecat – Kickdrum (edit)
25. Renaissance Man – Aloha
26. 808 State – Cubik (loop)
27. Serge Santiago – Atto D’Amore (Drums)
28. Boys Noize – Kontact Me (edit)
29. Refused – New Noise (Rafik Rmx short edit) /w Big Boi – Kryptonite
30. Bonus Soundcheck: MGMT – Kids (Soulwax Rmx) + Diana Tajtelbaum – Loneliness acapella (Rafik’s Push Buttons live Mash)
Also peep this flick of the Rafmeister’s most recent routine, live-remixing Chemical Brothers’ “Block Rockin’ Beats” and Major Lazer’s “Pon Di Floor” on the latest Native Instruments gear.
It’s about time, actually long overdue that I’m posting this vid, assuming errbody has already seen it anyway. Silly assumption! FYI, this juvenescent but handsome looking chap (pause) is not only one of my closest allies, but also the only Kraut holding more DJ world champion titles than m’self. Not to mention he’d murk me to slices in a head-to-head battle nowadays. He’s also the only bloke I know who has 4 ears, 3 nips, a faible for bulky luggage on flights and the extraordinary ability to whistle “Alle meine Entchen” through the slight gap between his front teeth. On top of that, he’s the inventor of the Autobahn Scratch, brews a damn magnificent cup o’ latte and can cook up quite a decent Auflauf, too. Oh btw, this vid shows a re-recorded / re-edited version of his 2007 DMC world champion routine.
Single ladies, myspace him HERE.
Bonus: Here’s 2 slightly cheesy but dope mixes we’ve recorded together 3 years ago for Tokyo based radio station Samurai.fm while being locked up in a tiny Düsseldorfian hellhole, crusted with pizza, beer and bongwater. The links have been down for a while, so I took the freedom to re-upload for y’all.
PS broseph if you read this, I’m glad you finally got over your silly ass magic card trick phase. Lulz.
Wowzers! Finally got the footage!
Here’s a flick of me + DJ Rafik, performing at the 2007 MTV DJ AWARDS in Sibiu, Romania.